Did You Know?
- LSSD operates over 80 conventional and transfer routes that transport about 2500 students to/from school every day. Our fleet travels over 5200 km's per day.
Think of Us on the Bus!
- Launched in 2017, the program is intended to raise awareness of the dangers of passing school buses while their stop lights & signs are flashing. 25 LSSD buses are equipped with cameras. In 2017-2018 there were 60 violations reported to RCMP that included photo & video footage. In 2018-2019 YTD we have submitted 40 violations to RCMP. Our goal through increased public awareness is that there will be fewer violations and tickets.
- LSSD is pleased to offer the SafeStop App to all parents/guardians and students.
- The app provides live updates to subscribers on the estimated arrival of the school bus, along with delay notifications and messages as required.
- There are over 650 individual users of the SafeStop App in LSSD so far this year.
Poster & Short Story Contest
- All K-6 students in LSSD are encouraged to participate in this year's School Bus Safety Week Poster and Short Story Contest. This year's LSSD theme: My Bus Driver, My Safety Hero! All submissions will be judged by LSSD bus drivers, and the winning entries will be posted on our website!