Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
The Manitoba School Boards Association and the Lord Selkirk School Division recommend that all parents consider Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada’s Student Accident Insurance, which provides 24-hour coverage for all accidents at school, home or play. Application forms are sent home each September or you can apply online.
The Student Accident Insurance Program provides coverage for medical, dental, disability or accidental death and dismemberment as a result of an accident. Protection is also provided for dental damage due to an accident, fracture benefits, and other important coverages, which are not government insurable health services.
Universal Blanket Student Accident Insurance Program
This coverage compliments (not replaces) the Voluntary Student Accident Insurance coverage, and is excess of benefits provided by Manitoba Health and excess of benefits available to the student.
This program provides coverage for all full-time students registered in the participating School Divisions, while:
- In school buildings or on premises by reason of attending classes on any regular school day;
- In attendance at or participating in any school activity approved and supervised by a proper school authority, whether at school or elsewhere;
- Traveling directly to or from any regularly scheduled and approved school activity under the direction or supervision of a proper school authority;
- Traveling directly to or from their residence and school for the purpose of attending classes or participating in any school sponsored activity;
- Participating in physical activities taking place as part of the grades 9 to 12 Physical Education Curriculum as approved by proper school authority;
- Engaged in the performance of the duties assigned to the Insured Person while he/she is participating in a school approved work experience program.
Click here for Universal Student Accident Insurance Summary
Underwritten by: Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
*Coverage is provided subject to the Terms and Conditions of Master Policy Number 100005613 on file with The Manitoba School Boards Association.
Blanket Student Accident Insurance Plan Summary
Blanket Student Accident Claims Information Sheet and Standard Claim Form