The International Student Program (ISP) is accredited and a member of Imagine Canada, CAPS-I and MCIE. Each year we welcome students from all over the world to study at our schools, enjoy the experience of a lifetime in Canada and soak up the warm hospitality that our community loves to show visitors.
Our program has been welcoming international students since 2001 and we have been committed to offering a well-rounded program that allows students to pursue their interests and goals. Since then, our dedication to quality and positive experience has only grown stronger and each year we are thrilled to welcome students at both the junior high and high school level.
- Quality, affordable educational experiences
- The opportunity for students to attend classes in English
- English support for students new to the language
- Top quality programming across a broad range of courses for students of all ages
- Programs of varying length to suit all kinds of students- short-term, semester and full-year
- Safe & caring homestay placements for all incoming students- families can participate in any length of program we offer or choose to be a respite family when one is needed
Outside of regular curriculum, students can expand their learning in many areas including music, technology, sports, theatre, arts and vocational programming, often trying many courses they would not have the opportunity to experience in their home countries.
Many students graduate with a Manitoba high school diploma (it’s recognized worldwide) and go on to pursue post-secondary education in Canada and abroad. For many, Selkirk becomes a second home they are eager to re-visit even years later.
If you would like to learn more about our program or are interested in joining us as a homestay family, opening your home to a new family member from another country, please be in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
Homestay Manager: Karen Murray
ISP Director: Rosalyn Ferguson