At Lockport School we practice and promote an inclusive style of education as outlined by Manitoba Education and Appropriate Educational Programming.
We foster learning for ALL in a safe and inclusive environment embracing diversity, acceptance and respect for each other in the school community and community at large. This means understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing individual differences.
The Role of the Resource Teacher is to:
- Advocate for students with special needs and ensure each student is receiving appropriate education at their ability level.
- Work in a consultative-collaborative role with teachers, students, parents and specialists to develop support plans and provide resources for students.
- Conduct Educational Assessments and refer to Divisional Specialists (Speech and Language Pathologists, Educational Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Social Workers) as necessary.
- Prepare Individual Educational Plans and apply for funding supports when required.
- Help to ensure that every student feels and is included and valued in the school and community.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure they are supported in their classrooms with resources and co-teaching.
Links to Access more information and resources
Mrs. Elaine Klym
204-757-9881 ext. 207
Ms. Heidi Fingas
204-757-9881 ext. 208