Students and parents are encouraged to access our services. To set up a meeting with a counsellor, please go to the Guidance Reception Desk and fill out a form. Once the form is filled out, place the form in a counsellor’s mail slot which is attached to their office door. He or she will contact you to discuss whatever it is you need.
Counselling Goals and Services
- Counselling Goals and Services:
- Counselling in the areas of career, educational or social/personal concerns.
- Appraisal of academic and career potential, aptitudes and interests.
- Course selection and post secondary information.
- Consultation with parents and staff.
- AFM Counsellor - Tuesdays, Thursdays
- Appointments/referrals available at Student Services.
- Referrals to outside agencies, resources and specialists.
- Transcripts of marks - forms available at Student Services.
- Graduation requirements - see the Registration Guide.
- Student visits are confidential with the following exceptions:
- Where there is reason to believe the student will harm themselves.
- Where there is reason to believe the student will harm someone else.
- If there is a court order to release information.
- Child & Family Services – (204) 785-5106
- Crisis Stabilization Unit – (204) 482-5361
- Mobile Crisis – (204) 482-5376
- Nova House Women’s Shelter – (204) 482-7882
General Community Support
- Adolescent Mental Health – (204) 785-7752
- AFM – (204) 785-2354
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Manitoba – (204) 389-5030
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868
- Public Health – (204) 785-7702
- Selkirk Teen Clinic – (204) 482-8336