George B Schreyer Library
Hours: 8:30 - 4:00 Monday - Friday
Click here for LSRCSS Library Catalogue
Main Library office – ext. 3242
Teacher Librarian office – ext. 3210
Explore the GBS Library – a Learning Commons
Learning in today’s dynamic world is very different from the kind of learning that took place prior to the embedding of computers in all aspects of our lives. Today, information is presented in multiple formats and has often neither been edited for truth or reliability. Many times, logical organization is often lacking.
The teacher-librarian and the library team work collaboratively with all staff to help students to become more effective, ethical and critical users/creators of information. And of the many diverse forms or sources in which it can be found.
The Library contains a wide range of resources, from books and magazines to dvds and audiobooks. Most of these resources can be borrowed by both staff and students.
- Non-fiction, graphic novels, illustrated books, and magazines will be issued for 1 week with 2 renewal options.
- Fiction works will be issued for 3 weeks with 1 renewal option.
- ‘Hold’ requests can be put on items out on loan.
- Inter-library loans can be arranged.
- Suggestions for new titles are always welcomed.
- There are no fines for overdue items, but at the end of each semester the full cost of the overdue item is charged to the student until the item is returned (in good condition).
- However, all items should be returned as soon as possible; this gives others fair and timely access to them.
- No other items will be signed out until the overdue item has been returned. Items can be worked with in the library during this time.
- Notice must be given if an item is lost or damaged, and the cost of replacing them must be arranged with library staff.
Research/Reference Subscription Databases
- When you are looking for websites and library materials about a certain subject, WebPath Express can help you find the information you need. You can find the subject you need in several ways: searching, browsing, or clicking through the Visual Search pictures. Using any of these methods, you can view or print the lists of websites and library materials about your subject.
- World Book Online
- The World Book Web is a suite of online research tools that includes encyclopedia articles, primary source collections, educator tools, student activities, pictures, audio, and video, complemented by current periodicals and related Web sites.