Elementary School Counselling
A counsellor can help people:
- Improve how they feel about themselves
- Think about things in new ways
- Do things differently
- Reduce their stress
- Plan and set goals
- Explore their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours
Why might you need a Counsellor?
- For help with issues/ life events
- Conflict resolution
- Body image
- School refusal
- Gender variance
What is Confidentiality?
Counselling stories are private and important. This means your counsellor will not tell anybody what you say unless:
- You decide someone else could help too
- You need to be kept safe
- Other people need to be kept safe
What happens in counselling?
In counselling, you can talk about problems and concerns in a safe place with someone who will support you. A Counsellor is someone:
- Who you can trust and be open with
- Who listens carefully and sensitively
- Who is non-judgemental and will not blame you for the problem
- Who will try to see things from your point of view
- Who encourages you to make your own decisions
- Who will support you in any changes you decide to make
- Who will offer to refer you to other help if necessary
RHS (204) 482-3614
Who can refer a student to counselling?
- Parents or Caregivers
- Staff Members