COMMUNITY BUDGET FORUMS
All community members are welcome to attend the Lord Selkirk School Division
Community Budget Forums being held in your community on the following dates:
Tuesday, October 24th - 7:00 p.m. - Walter Whyte School
Monday, October 30th - 7:00 p.m. - Mapleton School
Tuesday, November 14th - 7:00 p.m. - Lord Selkirk Regional (The Comp)
Tuesday, November 28th - 7:00 p.m. - East Selkirk Middle School
Your voice is important, and we look forward to meeting you at one of our Community Budget Forums
LSSD BOARD OF TRUSTEES DIVISIONAL PLAN 2015-2018
The Board of Trustees adopted the Board Divisional Plan 2015-2018 at its Regular Meeting of May 19, 2015.
We are HIRING a
SENIOR ELECTION OFFICIAL (SEO)
For School Board Elections
This is a term position for 13 months with a start date of November 13, 2017.
The SEO will be responsible for:
- Receiving school trustee nominations
- Establishing and maintaining an up-to-date voters list for school division wards
- Coordinating polling stations for trustee election purposes with SEOs of the Municipalities and the City of Selkirk
- Providing public notice of nominations
- Receiving and verifying nominations
- Receiving polling results and ballots at the polling station
- Declaring results of the election.
- Be knowledgeable of Bill 29 – The Municipal Councils and School Boards Election Act
- Must be able to work varied hours up to and including the day of the Election
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Computer experience with database
- Ability to work independently and with SEOs of municipalities within LSSD.
- Knowledge of the general electoral area is recommended.
- Criminal record check
A resume with 3 references is required.
Those interested should apply to www.lssd.ca under the Job Connect tab.
No later than 4:30 p.m. Friday October 27th, 2017
The "Think of Us on the Bus" Campaign has been developed to help keep our students safe. Please click on the link above to see more information.
Click the Office 365 logo above to be directed to the LSSD Office 365 support page where you will find helpful videos and documents.
LSSD PowerSchool Portal is a secure, online website that allows those with permission to check how their child is doing in school.
Our School Division
Who We Are
The Lord Selkirk School Division serves students in communities spread over an area of 1760 square kilometres.
The school division stretches along both sides of the Red River, from the southern suburban communities of Lockport and St. Andrew's, through the farming areas of Clandeboye, Petersfield and Libau, to the lakeshore communities of Grand Marais and Victoria Beach on Lake Winnipeg.
With a population of approximately 4,500 students, our 15 schools offer a wide variety of programs and activities.
Our schools celebrate the proud heritage and culture of the region - including the Brokenhead Ojibway Nation, the Scottish pioneers, the French Canadian voyageurs and the Ukrainian settlers.
The Lord Selkirk School Division is committed to providing quality educational programs and opportunities for its community of learners.
The Lord Selkirk School Division is committed to creating a safe, inclusive and respectful learning environment to support and enable learners to develop the knowledge, skills and values to reach their full potential.
Map of Our School Division
The City of Selkirk is approximately 24 kilometers north of Winnipeg and is mainly accessed from Highway #9.
Heading north on Winnipeg's Main Street past the Perimeter, the street evolves into Highway #9. It turns into "Main Street" again, this time as Selkirk's main thoroughfare.